Over the six seasons, Glee had 121 episodes. That’s outstanding. And the haters can hate all they want but only a few of those 121 did I really not like. The rest were fine….and some were amazing. So I’m going to take a walk down memory lane and list my 30 Favourite Glee Episodes (in no particular order because Momma loves all her children).
1. Original Song (2×16) I know I said in no particular order but if I had to pick one top episode, it’d be this. For one, KLAINE. No further explanation needed there. Two, the music. It was fantastic. Every song was great, and it was the first bit of Glee originals, which were amazing. This episode had plot continuity, humor and more. I loved it.
2. Journey To Regionals (1×22) The Season 1 finale was crazy! I mean, Quinn giving birth while Jesse and VA sang ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ is a TV masterpiece. And though ND didn’t win Regionals, the journey they went on to get to that point was amazing.
3. Furt (2×08) This episode is a favourite of mine because at the wedding (Burt and Carole’s) everyone is so happy. Finchel is happy together and Kurt is happy seeing his dad happy and there’s no ND drama and it’s just fun times. I love that. Plus, the wedding was great and ‘Marry You’ is one of my fave songs from Glee.
4. New York (2×22) The Glee kids finally make it to New York! It’s such a feel-good episode. From the Finchel date and ‘superman of kisses’ to Hummelberry at the Gershwin theater to Samcedes at the end, it was just great. I wasn’t even that upset that ND lost.
5. Vitamin D (1×06) This episode, man. The first of the girls vs boys mashups in ND where they all get drugged on over-the-counter stuff from Terri. Classic. And even with two songs, it still is great.
6. Michael (3×11) I’m not even a huge MJ fan, but this was a good episode. Dramatic, funny, and interesting. ‘Smooth Criminal’ is amazing as was the rest of the music. I enjoyed it a lot.
7. I Do (4×14) While I was upset that Wemma’s wedding wasn’t as planned, Klaine hooked up (‘We’ve Got Tonight’ is actually so great!) and Finchel confirmed their endgame status and it was great to see everyone together.
8. Nationals (3×21) They won. They finally got what they were going for. Seeing the looks of pure joy on their faces was perfect. So no matter what, this episode is important for that reason alone. But a bonus is that ‘Tongue Tied’ and ‘Paradise By The Dashboard Light’ were done that episode, two Glee faves for me.
9. Goodbye (3×22) This episode was the end of the Glee club as we had grown to love over three years. We saw them graduate and move on (that train scene with Rachel and Finn was just plain cruel) and though the episode wasn’t all I expected, it was sweet and a good send-off for the characters we loved.
10. The Break Up (4×04) Though most people hate this episode because it simultaneously ruined four of Glee’s biggest couples, I’m not going to deny that it was well done and the music was great. Sure the Klaine thing was a bit uncalled for as I still can’t believe that Blaine would cheat like that, but okay. I hate that it exists but I like it…ya feel?
11. Heart (3×13) This episode had good music, good plot continuity and the Sugar Shack looked like a fun place to be!
12. Guilty Pleasures (4×17) I liked this episode. The music was great, there was some good humor, and plot continuity. What more can one ask for?
13. Opening Night (5×17) This episode is a fave of mine because it is Rachel finally getting what she’s been working for. For so long she’s dreamed of Broadway and she finally gets a to live her dream with her best friends all their supporting her. It just made me so happy. The music in this wasn’t even amazing, but I don’t even care.
14. All Or Nothing (4×22) More original Glee songs, Wemma finally getting married, ND winning Regionals. Yay! S4 ended on a high note and I appreciated that.
15. The Quarterback (5×03) I mean, does this even need explaining? It was perfect and beautiful and everything the fans needed. I had no complaints. ❤
16. 100 (5×12) The 100th episode! Where everyone comes back to sing some great old faves! Who could hate this? I mean, seeing Glee club end was sad, but they ended it in such a fun way.
17. New Directions (5×13) Part 2 of the 100th episode bash had the same great qualities as part 1. Plus the video that ND made for Will and his unborn child was super adorable.
18. New New York (5×14) People including myself was really worried about how Glee would go without McKinley and ND having the focus. But luckily, the first episode with all New York setting was actually great. It relieved me of my worries big time!
19. Shooting Star (4×18) This was the most controversial episode, and while I can agree that Glee didn’t need to do an episode about guns or a shooter in school, they did and they did it pretty well. Furthermore, they used the opportunity to get the message about saying what needs to be said before it’s too late across, and the music was good. Also, it was the first Glee episode to really make me cry. Not just tear up, but really cry.
20. Old Dog New Tricks (5×19) Written by Chris Colfer, this episode was funny, had continuity, good songs and a happy feel. Also puppies. ‘Take Me Home Tonight’ is also my jaaaam.
21. A Wedding (6×08) Klaine (and Brittana) get married and I love it.
22. We Built This Glee Club (6×11) It’s the last competition episode, and I like it. The music is good, the plot is good, Jesse St James makes his triumphant return, and it’s funny. 🙂
23. Hell-O (1×14) This was the first Glee episode I watched live, so that’s awesome. All the music (which was good btw) had the theme of ‘hello’ which was cool and plot-wise this was a good episode.
24. Sectionals (1×13) ND’s first ever competition. It was quite a feat. But seeing them ban together under Finn’s new leadership and put on their best show yet was great.
25. Rocky Horror Glee Show (2×05) I had never heard of Rocky Horror before this, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Good music, good laughs. Since then I’ve watched the real Rocky Horror and let me just say, I prefer this episode to the movie 10000 times over.
26. Dreams Come True (6×22) The finale. The last Glee episode ever. Not only did we get future scenes (which I loved), we got some amazing music, closure and a lot of emotions. Glee had an hour to give us the best good bye and they did it! 😀
27. Dance With Somebody (3×17) The Klaine bits in this episode were sad, but needed, I guess. The music in this episode was good, especially ‘Saving All My Love For You’ which was sung by Quinn and Joe, who I totally loved together at the time. In fact, the music was strong this episode, even though I can’t say I am a huge Whitney fan.
28. Props (3×20) Tina’s dream where she sees ND as each other is the only reason I like this episode. The music wasn’t good and actually, the whole dream thing was a bit odd. But it was HILARIOUS. They all did such a good job being each other. I loved it and laugh every time I see it.
29. Glee, Actually (4×10) This Christmas episode stood out to me because it was a happy one. Barely any drama, good songs….I liked it. Plus, the different storylines coming together was cool.
30. 2009 (6×12) I thought this flashback episode would be weird and uncomfortable, but it was clever and cute and was a perfect fill-in-the blanks for ‘Pilot’. Glee did a pretty dang good job making the cast look six years younger.
I certainly enjoyed a lot more than these 30 episodes, but these ones in particular stood out the most to me. These are the episodes that really show just how amazing Glee is and how much it’s changed the world. Doing this list and taking a detailed look back at Glee’s episodes made me realize I need to rewatch the first few seasons. Maybe when school is done I’ll get to that! Anyways, did my list of 30 exclude some of your favourites? Or do we have the same taste in episodes? Leave a comment and tell me what your faves are! 🙂
P.S. Tomorrow, the 31st, is the last chance to submit a question to my goodbye Q&A post. So start the message with Q: and ask me about Glee, blogging, myself or anything you wanna know. Please and thank you!