Now that S6 is over, I can add on to my Favourite Songs of the seasons now (see past ones: 12345)! For the past posts, I did 20 songs, but since S6 was half the episodes, I’m only going to do 10. That’s fair. So here are my favourite songs from Season 6 (in no particular order)
‘Cool Kids’ (6×09)
This was just a fun song with lyrics that so perfectly captured what ND, no matter what season, feels. Plus, it was the first song with Myron and Alistair, the newest members so finally the group was as complete as it could be.
‘I Want To Break Free’ (6×09)
Mason nailed this song. He really showcased his voice and it’s so good! I’m kind of sad we didn’t get to hear more of his voice.
‘Take On Me’ (6×02)
Not only did this have the old ND members back, which is always awesome, but it had a real Glee feel. Like, it felt like a song from S1 or S2. Plus it’s super catchy. Love it!
‘Time After Time’ (6×07)
I didn’t love Sam and Rachel together romantically but this song was stuck in my head for ages. They sang it really well.
‘It’s Too Late’ (6×03)
So it’s not the happiest of Klaine duets, but the more I listened to this, the more I liked it. It’s sung really well and it worked well for their relationship at the time.
The song co-written by Darren Criss has rightfully earned a spot in my faves list. It’s powerful and catchy and upbeat and perfect for Glee. I liked it from first listen, which doesn’t often happen to songs I’ve never heard before.
‘I’m So Excited’ (6×08)
Since this song was done on Glee, I think of this whenever I say/thing the phrase “I’m so excited”. Anyways, the song is super fun and makes me think of such a great episode.
‘This Time’ (6×13)
The other song that Darren wrote obviously belongs here because that song is amazing. It represents what Glee means to the characters, cast and fans and it is so sweet. I love it so much.
‘I Lived’ (6×13)
Basically every Glee character ever all together singing one song that is not only catchy but powerful and deep too? YES! This song is everything.
‘Daydream Believer’ (6×13)
Yes, of course I have to add the last ever Klaine duet. It’s fun and super super catchy. It’s not my favourite duet they’ve ever done, but I still really like it.
And that concludes my ten favourite song from Season 6 and thus all of Glee! There really have been some spectacular songs. In regards to season 6, what are your favourite songs?
Well, now that Season 6 of Glee is over, I suppose it’s time for me to open up my Season 6 Bucket List that I wrote last August. I made this list before any spoilers or news was leaked, it was all just what I personally wanted to see in the final season of the show. I had 15 things listed, so here are the ones that happened:
1. Klaine wedding. This was number one on my list as I’m a huge Klaine lover. This happened in ‘A Wedding’, which was so awesome and so cute! I’m so so so so glad they finally got their eternity.
2. Happiness for Rachel. She got married, starred on Broadway and won a Tony. Her friends stuck by her and she even was a surrogate for Klaine. Yeah, I think she got her happiness.
4. The whole gang again. The very last scene of Glee fulfilled this, when they all came back and sang ‘I Lived’. Though we only saw them for a few minutes, I was still so thrilled to see them all again.
6. Jesse St James. Yes, Jesse came back and I was thrilled. Especially with the whole Samchel thing going on, I was glad to see Jesse come back in ‘We Built This Glee Club’. Having him end up as Rachel’s husband was also great.
7. The Warblers. Everyone’s favourite a capella group did in fact return at the start when Blaine was their coach and they stayed until the end to join forces with ND for Sectionals, which I loved. I’ll miss the Warblers and will forever associate blazers with them. Also blue and red striped ties. Totally Dalton.
8. More original songs. Thanks to the brilliance that is Darren Criss, we did get some originals this season too. First we got ‘Rise’ in ‘The Rise And Fall Of Sue Sylvester’ and we also got ‘This Time’ in ‘Dreams Come True’. I loved them both so much!
9. Bloopers, Deleted Scenes and other BTS stuff. This stuff is on its way. The Glee Season 6 DVD which is out May 19th is apparently going to include some bloopers and BTS things. Also, thanks to the cool and mysterious people at GleekOutBR, we’ve gotten some deleted things, which I will be posting here soon. 🙂
10. Another live song. Technically, we did get this. In ‘Loser Like Me’ when Blaine and Rachel sing ‘Suddenly Seymour’, we hear Darren sing live on the show (the audio is his studio version though).
11. A time jump at the end. Time jumps at the end of series are my favourite things so I am thrilled that we got one on Glee. I loved knowing that the characters are all still doing okay.
14. Brad the piano guy to do something. He was back, jamming on that piano. And while he didn’t do much, he did have a creepy foot fetish and fell off the piano stool when Sue broke the back leg. So I’ll count it.
15. A reference/tribute to Finn in the finale. The auditorium was renamed the Finn Hudson Auditorium, which is super sweet, and actually, Finn’s plaque was technically one of the last things we saw on screen. It wasn’t the tribute I expected, but I loved it nonetheless!
Yoooo so that’s way over half. I got over half the things I wanted. That’s pretty great. Does that mean I was completely satisfied? No, of course not. There were a lot of things that happened that I didn’t like. Too bad I didn’t make an anti-bucket list as well. 😛 As for the 4 things I didn’t get, they were: Beth (and Shelby) coming back, a Shania Twain song, closure for the Newbies, and for the characters to all figure out what they wanna do.
Did you guys have any bucket list type wishes for S6 and did they happen? Let me know in the comments!
Also in the comments you can leave me a question for a possible blogger Q&A I want to do before I end this site in a few weeks (more info on that to come). So if you have any questions about me, Glee or anything else, start the question with Q: and ask away! (by March 31st) (please!)
I really wanted to write this as soon as I had posted my reviews of the last two episodes, but I needed sleep and decided I needed to process the whole thing first anyways.
So Season 6. I didn’t know what to expect. We got half as many episodes and had no idea where it would pick up from S5. And like you probably already know, with Cory’s death, they had to seriously reconfigure their plans.
S6 went back to Lima, back to McKinley and back to ND. It was a bit odd considering in S5 they ended ND and the last several episodes were set solely in New York. I liked the New York thing, but ‘The Untitled Rachel Berry Project’ ended with Mercedes on tour, Sam in Lima and Rachel in LA. Jumping between more than two places would have been silly, so in a way, going back to Lima, and just Lima, was okay. It is where Glee started and the goal was to go back to the start as much as possible.
In terms of Rachel, I am glad her TV show failed. I never supported her random and sudden TV show idea, and I knew it was a bad idea to quit Broadway like that. Her starting up ND again was okay. It was clear that she wasn’t the best at it and that she shouldn’t do it for a living, but she tried. In terms of her relationships, I did not like Samchel. As I’ve said, Sam is a nice guy and under different circumstances, maybe they’d be okay, but he was not the leading man she needed. He was just a sweet homeboy. The brainwashing thing was weird and never really resolved. Sam belongs with Mercedes, and after that huge buildup all through the end of S5 (and late S2/S3 as well), I’m upset that nothing came out of that. Not even in the end. Though I guess Mercedes has never really needed a man, so it was somewhat slightly fitting in that way. But back to Rachel: I liked Jesse. I mean, not too much in S1 because she belonged with Finn and Jesse was a bit of a jerk then. But it was clear he cared about her, and that remained when he did an episode in S2 and S3. I’m glad they ended together as Rachel seemed really happy, but I wonder why they spend 80% of S6 building up Samchel for nothing when they could have been reconnecting St. Berry. Was Jon not available or something? Because even if that was the case, I still can’t understand all the Samchel. Even minor background Samcedes would have been better and they could have just mentioned her relationship with Jesse like “oh, we text because he’s in New York and I’m here.” Anyways… also there was so explanation as to what happened with Samchel in the end. They were together and then Jesse came and we never got a breakup or anything.
Klaine. Like with Rachel, I’m glad they ended up together and happy, but their buildup was sucky too. Their breakup was unnecessary. If it was all for the goal of a sudden wedding, they should have had them together but upset about the wedding planning so when it came to Brittana’s offer, they would have jumped the chance. But, however, the breakup did allow them both to be in Lima and have Blaine coach the Warblers (I would have liked to see a bit more of that, too, btw). But they could have both done the same thing Kurt did and go to Lima as part of a NYADA course (Blaine was doing upper year courses anyways).
And Klaine brings me to Sue and how utterly ridiculous I found ‘The Hurt Locker’ episodes to be. They were hands down my least faves of the season. And Sue’s downfall was weak too. I didn’t mind her going down, she needed to. But the way it was done, with her mom and Becky and all, was bad.
There was a new group of newbies this season too. I was worried because the S4/5 newbies weren’t really liked by the fandom in general, but luckily, these ones were. I never hated any newbies so I was okay with this season’s batch, as I said in my post about the newbies. However, I was glad that there was minimum drama with them and very little unresolved plots. Having Kitty back was cool too.
I guess the ending of Glee specifically is also a large topic. While I am very grateful for the happy endings and the episode we got, I did have some complaints. Glee, in general, ended up being the Klaine and Rachel show. Not that I am complaining too much because I love Klaine and Rachel. But I do also love the other characters and unfortunately, most of them were shoved aside. We spent years falling in love with them, but their stories weren’t tied up properly. I mean, in S4 we had that whole bit of Santana not knowing what she wanted to do and then in S5 she convinced Brittany to leave school…so what did they do? What jobs do they have? Are Quinn and Puck still dating? At a Paleyfest interview, Mark Salling said that if he had it his way, he would have had them get married right away. What about Mike? These are all questions that I need answers too. Sometimes I wonder if our lack of knowledge is to represent real life, like after high school you lose contact with people and don’t find out how their stories end. But, sorry, no, this is Glee and I demand closure.
So in general, how did Season 6 of Glee go? Pretty good, I’d say. Out of the 13 episodes, I only really didn’t like three of them (‘The Hurt Locker’ ones and ‘The Rise And Fall Of Sue Sylvester’) and there were five or so that I really loved. There were some great songs that I consider some of Glee’s best and not many that I didn’t particularly enjoy. The plots weren’t toooo farfetched and not many from this season were left hanging. The finale was amazing and seeing everyone back was spectacular. Bringing the show back to Lima and bringing in the Warblers and the flashback episode and the whole ‘trying to recruit members’ was a nice way to bring fans back to S1 and S2, which everyone loved. All in all, Glee ended on what I think was a good note. Season 6 was good. And I am glad. Was Season 6 as good as past seasons? I don’t know…I think it was better than the first half of S5. Nothing can top the first few seasons. I am glad we got a sixth season and I am glad it was good. I am glad the finale rocked and I am glad I had Glee in my life!
What did you guys think? Now that you’ve had a few days to process the end and think about S6 as a whole, I’d love to know your opinions. Leave a comment or do these fun polls below or do both! 😀